Book your stay
Brian and Frances Hyson
Find out more about us on:
Per cottage, self-catering:
- Double: R1 090.00 / night
- Single (per person): R750.00 / night
* Visa/Master cards are accepted on site
- Quoted in South African Rand (ZAR). Subject to availability. Terms and Conditions apply. Rates are inclusive of 15% VAT.
- Children over 12 years are welcome at the adult rate. Special booking arrangements for children under 12 years need to be made directly with Brian and Frances.
- We gladly assist in reserving a table at one of our nearby restaurants for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
A few booking details
- Guests may check-in any time from 14h00. Rooms are to be vacated by 11h00, unless otherwise arranged
- A breakfast pack can be arranged at R80.00 per pack.
- A breakfast can be delivered to your cottage for R 95.00.
- Service charge is discretionary.
- 50% payment is required on all bookings made from 4 weeks, with an exception of block bookings of 4 rooms or more, for which the deposit is required 8 weeks prior to arrival.
- Reservations are only confirmed on receipt of a deposit or a credit card number.
- 100% non-refundable payment is required on all bookings made 0 – 7 days prior to arrival.
- Cancelled 30 – 15 days prior to arrival – 30% of deposit retained.
- Cancelled 14 – 8 days prior to arrival – 50% of deposit retained.
- Cancelled 0 – 7 days prior to arrival – 100% will be retained.
How to find us
Alert – if you are using Google Maps to navigate to us, please be aware that:
- Google puts Heuglins Lodge on Vintage Drive. However, we are on Darter Drive within Sheffield Estate which is not currently identified by Google maps.
- Also note that the district road from White River starts off as Danie Joubert Drive and changes to Drakensberg Road.
S 25 17.261; E 30 59.928
(South 25.287679; East 30.998795)
Driving from Nelspruit on the R40 into White River, drive straight through the first set of robots at the corner of the White River Crossings Mall, diagonally left, and Ambassador Foods on your right. Continue through a small set of robots, keeping left. At the next robots which face White River NTT Toyota, take the slip to the left onto Danie Joubert Drive. Continue straight through 2 robots and a 4-way stop street, where on the left you will see an Engen garage and shops. Continue straight. Drive on passing the Uplands College sign on your right, over the hill and downwards, with roads turning right to the White River Country Estate or left onto Coolmore Road. Continue straight, passing Summer Breeze Estate. The next road right is not marked. It has an estate wall on its left and Sheffield Estate (fenced) on your right. Take that road and drive a few hundred metres until you see Sheffield Estate gates on your right. Please call our Lodge cell phone to enter. Once in the estate, take your first left turning of the estate road, across a bridge then immediately right. Follow that road until it brings you to a green gate. Press the green button on the gooseneck to open the gate.
Driving along the R40 from Hazvyview, 2 km outside of Casterbridge/White River, there is a turn to the right with many property signboards and a sign to the White River Country Estate (WRCE). Take a right there. Continue along that road past various entrances to estates, along a dirt district road that can be very corrugated during the rainy season. Continue winding your way through ascents and descents until you come to the fenced estate on your left, with the Sheffield Estate Gates on your left. Please call our Lodge cell phone to enter. Follow that road until it brings you to a green gate. Press the green button on the gooseneck to open the gate.