There is so much to see and do in the Lowveld if you are here for a leisure stay – let us give you a virtual tour below:
Places to go, things to see:
Casterbridge and Bagdad Centres, directly opposite each other, are both relaxed, elegant lifestyle centres with boutique shops and convivial coffee shops. There is a cinema, a vintage car museum, a tourist information centre and lively restaurants with outdoor areas and bars; hand-crafted furniture and other collectibles.
- Gourmet restaurants at Casterbridge and Bagdad include Magnolia, Oliver’s, Picasso’s and Gum Treez.
- There is golf courses in the White River Country Estate, as well as further afield towards Sabie and Hazyview.
- There is plenty to see and browse in and around White River – a silk farm, macadamia nut farms, an orange winery, the mission trading post and a potters’ workshop.
- White River is 20 min from Numbi Gate entrance of the Kruger National Park for some game-spotting
- Venture further along the scenic Panorama Route to the Blyde River Canyon.
- Just 20 km from White River, the city of Nelspruit offers two modern shopping malls. The Lowveld Botanical Gardens together with the Tindlovu restaurant offer a wonderful shaded respite from the malls and shops.
- Also on its outskirts are the natural attractions of the Sudwala Caves and the Genesis route close to Barberton where you will see some of the most stunning views.
- There is so much to do and see from the Highveld, Middleveld and Lowveld, from forests, farms and mines to rivers, waterfalls and dams. It is all here for you to see with wonder in your eyes in our most beautiful region.
Treat yourself to a one-of-a-kind Kruger Safari
Safaria is a leading privately guided Kruger Safari operator that offers clients personalised half-day and full-day safaris throughout the southern region of the Kruger Park. Blending ancient bush wisdoms with deeply insightful facts, Safaria guests are taken on a journey that shares both the incredible bio-diversity of Kruger as well as its rich history and heritage. www.safari.co.za
We normally list below a calendar of events in the Lowveld ranging from arts and culture to sporting and other events. This information will return in the near future.